Departments or units may request advisory or consulting services where the nature and scope are agreed in advance for the benefit of the requesting party. The services are intended to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and assist management in the successful accomplishment of their objectives without the AMAS assuming management responsibility.
Examples of advisory and consulting services AMAS can provide include:
- advice and guidance pertaining to various administrative and compliance matters
- advising on process redesign
- incorporating internal controls into new systems and processes
- input on policy and procedure development
- consultation on risks and controls within campus operations
- training in governance, risk management and controls
AMAS will work collaboratively with the requesting party and may issue a report to the requesting party, senior administration and/or the JACC. The report may contain recommendations for consideration which AMAS will not generally follow up on the proposed recommendations.